How we keep your personal information safe
We use world class technology to operate Superfied. Your payment data is managed by PayPal and your personal service data is stored on Amazon technology. Your personal information and data is stored on secure servers from Amazon Web Services (‘AWS’) within the European Economic Area (‘EEA’). AWS is a global leader in the provision of hosting services.
As secure as we can possibly make it
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we can’t guarantee its absolute security. So it’s important to stay vigilant and together we can keep your data as safe as possible.
How you can make your information secure
Here are five ways to help make your Superfied experience safer and even more secure:
- Use a passcode, fingerprint or face ID to secure your mobile phone
- Have a strong password, use a combination of letters, numbers, and other characters
- Keep your Superfied password safe; don’t share it with anyone or write it down. If you forget it, you can always reset it
- Log out of any website on public computers or any devices that are not your own
- If you receive an email asking for your password or payment details, delete it. We won’t send you an email like this so if you get one from Superfied that does, you know it’s a hoax